Who we are
Outscape intends to provide mental health related services through virtual and real means in order to:
(i)increase awareness and availability of services for mental health problems and to address emotional needs of individuals and communities.
(ii)create an environment which promotes healthy living and encourages people to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Privacy is one of our utmost priorities, and hence we have formulated an entire policy in order to protect the information our service takers provide us with and to put them in control(third parties included).
What information are we interested in and how do we collect it
- Your complete name, your phone number, your email address, your billing address and your demographic details(for eg, age, race, ethnicity, language spoken, Sexual Orientation etc)
While setting up your account with Outscape, we ask for the above mentioned details. The information is needed to provide you with Our Services.
- Physiological, physical and mental health conditions. Medical records and history.
To reach an accurate assessment of your present condition, to formulate future proceedings, it is important for you to share your information about physiological, physical and mental health conditions. (This information might further be shared with the therapist, if you consult one via Outscape)
- Financial information (such as- bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment related instruments)
If you purchase paid services, above mentioned information will be collected to process any payments.
- Group Therapy
If you come for Group Therapy Service from Outscape, you may share your Personal Information with other Users, such as peers and other users who participate in chat, forums or other non-private locations. Anything users post in the public forums, chats, or other features will be accessible to other users and may not be able to be deleted. Accordingly, we strongly discourage posting any Personal Information in these places and it is your responsibility not to share Personal Information in such a non-private location(s).
- From time to time we may collect Personal Information from users via surveys. This information is used to improve the content of our web pages, the quality of our Services.
- When submitting a technical support request, you will be asked to provide Personal Information, including an email address and a description of the issue. When you contact us, we keep a record of email and chat communications to address and resolve any issues you are facing.
- When you use our Services, we store, process and transmit your information about how you use our Services to engage, educate and suggest behavioral activation strategies to you.
- Contact Details of Guardian (in case of a minor) or Contact details of a caretaker (in rest of the cases)
The information mentioned above (from points 1 to 8), does not contain any information that is readily available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act 2005, or any other law for the time being in force.
The sessions provided by listeners or any other employee of Outscape via virtual methods will be monitored on a regular basis for quality control, in order to address any potential threats to safety and/or to keep a check on any misuse of the platform if certain suspicious or potentially harmful activity is detected. We may also use aggregated data from chat transcripts to conduct research and development.
Without providing your Personal Information you may not access Services through Outscape, contact or correspond with us, other users, therapists or other health care providers via the Services, or utilize the therapy exercises and programs available on the ‘Our Services’.
- Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share Personal Information, with certain third-party service providers that assist us in providing the Services and which are bound by duties of confidentiality. For example, we may use third parties to host the Services, to send out email updates about the Services, administrative services, financial services, quality assurance, data aggregation or remove repetitive information from our user lists.
- Mental Health Service Providers. If you elect to consult with a licensed therapist through Outscape, we may share your information with your therapist to enable and facilitate care.
- For Legal Purposes. We will disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share your Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Welfare Assurance. We may disclose your Personal Information directly to law enforcement or local authorities in the event that it has been reasonably determined that your safety or the safety of others may be at risk.
- Business Transfer. In the event of a merger, reorganization, consolidation, restructuring, bankruptcy, sale of substantially all interests or assets, or other similar transaction, we may transfer your Personal Information to the subsequent owner or operator of the Services.
- Anonymized Data. We may de-identify your Personal Information, in compliance with applicable law and aggregate such de-identified data with the de-identified data of other users.Such anonymized, aggregated data is no longer considered Personal Information. We may then share such anonymized aggregated data with the sponsors of programs that facilitate your access to the Services, such as government health agencies, researchers or healthcare providers. At Outscape, we believe that global mental health is a collaborative effort. The sharing of anonymized data plays a key role in helping both Outscape users and people worldwide to understand and better their mental health while maintaining a high level of privacy and anonymity to individuals.
How we ensure the security of your personal information
All information, including but not limited to chat transcripts and personal information is encrypted during transmission. We use standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption that encodes information for such transmissions. All information received is maintained on secure servers in encrypted format. Access to stored information is protected by multi-layered security controls including firewalls, encryption, role-based access controls, and passwords.
What we want you to do
Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of the Services.
You may at any point of time withdraw your consent to collection, storage, usage, disclosure and transfer of your sensitive personal data from Outscape.
COPPA(Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Children between the ages of 13-17 years old may only participate in our Services with parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 18 (or between the ages of 13-17 years old without parental consent) has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files. Separately, a child under 18 may request deletion of information they posted on our Site or Services, which may be accomplished through anonymization.
Outscape and any person related to Outscape shall not be responsible for any loss of data in unforeseen events, which are not in control, which shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, accident, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes, industrial action of any kind, riots, wars, insurrection, acfts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized use of data in computer of any storage device, computer crash, breach of security, encryption etc.
Third Parties may include Mental Health Service Providers, Marketing Agencies(if any), Video Conferencing Platform, Payment Gateway.
Outscape or any person employed by the company shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
The mental health service providers affiliated with Outscape, because of their profession are obligated to report to authorities any signs of child abuse or vulnerable adult abuse. However, members cannot be forced to give any Personal Information. Adults who are in therapy provide Personal Information which will only be disclosed to the therapist if they or someone else is in imminent danger.
Outscape is not a suicide prevention hotline. Outscape and the parties associated with it shall not be liable in case of a mishappening.
AASRA NGO +91-9820466727 iCALL:- 1-22-25552111